One Angry Christian
From Level Head on live journal:
The report is here, and its appendix (with methodology) is here.You really should read the rest of this. The accusations without the background are just rhetoric. The background and proof ... is heavily damning. Kudos to Level head. That's one of the best summations of why this report is nothing but terrorist propaganda I've seen yet.
There are several problems, the largest of which is illustrated by this cartoon:
I'll look at each of these issues -- but there are many more.
- The known bias of the data collectors on the ground
- The known bias of the compilers and supporters of the study
- The determination of the "normal" (Hussein-era) baseline for comparison
- The non-random cluster sampling
- The high margin of error
- The Fallujah effect
- The assertion that this study "validates" the previous one
- The history of problems with the Lancet's studies
- The Lancet's appetite for controversy
-One Angry Christian