Monday, September 04, 2006

Byrd Confirms "Secret Hold" on Porkbusting Bill -- And Drops It
One Angry Christian
9/04/06


The whole "secret senator" thing just didn't smell right to me. It really irked me when even the right wing blogs were quick to point fingers at the republicans. I have said over and over that just because a senator was listed as having denied putting a hold on the bill didn't clear him.

So today I find this:

Byrd Confirms "Secret Hold" on Porkbusting Bill -- And Drops It

In a newly-released statement, Sen. Robert Byrd's (D-WV) spokesman Tom Gavin confirms his boss Byrd had a hold on the bill -- but has hereby released it.

The entire statement follows:

I told you so is such an ugly statement. I really hate having to use it so frequently.

To be fair, if I had found out that it absolutely was a Republican i would be more angry than if it were a democrat. We expect democrats to behave this way. It's part of their platform. Republicans, on the other hand, we have higher standards for, and we expect them to be upheld.


-One Angry Christian

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home